Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jimminie Head



Friday, October 10.

Dear Andrew and John,

Ann waited till I got home late last night to let me read about the cancellation. Will it do any good to write a congressman? Here we were hoping for Thanksgiving and now we got to keep our fingers crossed about Christmas. They have to let you out by the 6th of December or am I just being silly.

Here's last Sunday's church notices which I've been carrying about with me.

Whether or not they change shipping schedules or what have you, I'll keep writing through the month of October and though I know the Army is not that efficient, maybe they'll cut off some of the letters and reroute them at San Francisco. So in the event they surprise you with a hasty evacuation our way, this may be one of the last letters Korea bound and we'll he only too happy if you're already on your way and miss this one.

Have I or has Mommie told you about "jimminie head". That's a game Mike and Kathy play with Stevie and he loves it. You recall the "Jimmie's" chocolate variety on ice cream cones; outside, they use dirt; in the bathroom, water; and in the kitchen, it's cereal. Luckily the little slob has one of my special whiffles and Ann has to shampoo only once per day. He sits outside as patient as can be while they shovel on the dirt in the one corner of the yard that is not grass covered. It's only when it gets in his eyes and mouth that he protests.

END OF LETTER

Next Posting: October 13, 1952

Copyright 2012 Stephen A Conner

No comments: