Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Chill Before The Move



Friday, August 22

Dear Andrew and John,

We have been reading about the floods and storms over your way and it must be for that reason the mails have not been coming through. The last letter we received was from Andrew on last Thursday, August 14, and that was received here at the office, so I guess the planes have been grounded. It was messy here for a week up till last night, when the northern air moved in following a thunder storm while I was at school and the temperature dropped to 50°.

The Sun gave a column yesterday to the fact that application blanks were now available for applying for schooling under the Korean-June 1950 set up. If they'll give them to just anyone, I'll try to send you a couple.

You probably won't hear from me next Monday; and if I can, I'm going to try and take Tuesday off also to help put things together and Mr. Hahn has suggested that I come to the office on Wednesday. We are still uncertain as to whether the Seickes will be able to obtain their loan but I'm going to, see him tonight as I called Schatz this morning and could get nothing there.

If circumstances and finances permit, I'll unlimber the Polaroid and try to give you an idea of the place by the time I write again.

END OF LETTER

Editor's Notes:
Charles' family is moving from Catonsville. Charles' employers, Dr. and Mrs. Burton, have promised him the use of one of their houses in Long Green Valley.
Mr. Hahn also works for the Burtons.

Next Posting: August 27, 1952

Copyright 2012 Stephen A Conner

No comments: